1. We were able to support necessary transport for one of our girls, Mwanaisha, to get an emergency removal of a tooth from a free, local dentist clinic and the needed medication after surgery. She is pain free and smiling now!
2. We supplied and implemented a first aid program with the support of Anna and Saumu to meet the health needs of our kids. As a result our kids are healthier, stronger and more able to focus in class.
3. After a strengths and needs based assessment with the local staff, we completed a whole school inventory, purchased some key supplemental educational resources and are now enjoying more fun filled, interactive learning days at school!
4. Nassir used our funds to facilitate an incredible feast of fish and goat this week. Talk about some happy kids!
5. The ministry of health in partnership with local nonprofits donated 7 nets to help our kids stay safe while they sleep!
I would say it was a good week! Cheers!